Beginning January 4, 2022, a new Attendance Policy will be implemented by the Casa Grande Union High School District. The goal of this policy is to encourage and promote student attendance to better prepare our students for success in college and the workforce.
Some of the changes include:
- U Code = Unexcused Absence
- AT Code = Student arrived in class 10 or more minutes late.
- Lunch detention will be assigned to students caught skipping class or having three (3) or more unexcused absences.
- After-School Detention will be assigned to students caught skipping class or having three (3) or more unexcused absences.
- Students who need to leave school early must notify the school the morning of the dismissal. This will make the process of getting students out of class and to the front office faster.
- Students who are absent nine (9) or more times in any class will receive an NC (No Credit) label in their PowerSchool signifying the student has lost credit in the class, no matter what the grade.
- Passes for students to be dismissed during the school day will not be issued during the following times:
- Lunch Periods (11:40-12:10 and 12:40-1:10)
- 35 minutes before the end of the school day
- After 1 p.m. on Early Release Days
- Any exams (unit, semester, district, state, or national)
- Pep Assemblies