TUESDAY, MAY 24, 2022
6:00 PM – Graduates line up in the large gym.
8:00 PM – Graduation Ceremony - Al Van Hazel Football Stadium.
• Diplomas will be given out in the small gym immediately after the ceremony as seniors must sign for them.
DRESS GUIDELINES FOR GRADUATION CEREMONY
• Students should arrive at school no later than 6:00 PM, CARRYING their cap and gown. Students should not put on their gown until after they have checked in with their line leader in the large gym.
• Dress guideline for all students; Graduation is a dignified event. Students should wear Semi/Formal attire. (For example: dresses, skirts, dress slacks and dress shoes.) Stilettos are not allowed to be worn on the track. Any student wearing stilettos, jeans, shorts or flip flops will not be allowed to participate. Wedges are permitted.
• Any student who appears to be under the influence of a controlled substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
Guests are asked to treat the ceremony with appropriate dignity. Balloons, outside food and beverages are prohibited in the football stadium. Single unopened bottles of water will be allowed. The attention should be on the graduates and not on the people in the audience. Applause is appropriate, but common courtesy needs to be displayed so every graduate’s name is heard. Noisemakers are both distracting and disrespectful. Spectators are expected to be seated in the bleachers throughout the ceremony. Guests may sit on either the East side (visitor’s side) or West side (home side) of the bleachers. Check with your graduate after Tuesday morning’s practice to determine on which side he/she will be sitting. Re-entry to the event will not be permitted under any circumstance.
***Number of guests may be limited due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather or anticipated COVID cases. Graduates must sign for and pick up their diplomas in the small gym immediately following the celebration.
To inform parents about graduation photos, Grad Images has developed a pre-registration system that allows graduates to provide email and mailing address information to Grad Images prior to the ceremony. Up to 6 family members’ information can be added to access photos. Pre-register by going to https://www.gradimages.com/Registration. There will also be a link from our school website.
GRADUATE PARKING – Transportation Facility (south of the school, off Trekell Road)
• We encourage Graduates to park at the Transportation Facility south of the school to allow your family and friends to park on school grounds. There will be a bus/golf carts to shuttle seniors to and from the small gym.
• The Public may park in the school parking lots. Parking permits are not required. Once all lots are full, you may park in the vicinity of the school grounds. Handicapped parking will be available on school grounds on a first come, first served basis. A handicap parking permit/license plate is required to park in those designated spaces. Shuttles will be available from handicapped parking spaces to the stands.
• We encourage parents and friends to carpool when possible.
INCLEMENT WEATHER If inclement weather conditions warrant changing the ceremony, the event will be changed to Friday, May 27, 2022, 8:00 PM. All guidelines that are implemented above will remain in effect.