The Casa Grande Union High School District, in accordance with the AZ State Mandate for Gifted Education, defines gifted students as those children of lawful school age who due to superior intellect or advanced learning ability, or both, is not afforded an opportunity for otherwise attainable progress and development in regular classroom instruction and who needs comprehensive gifted education services, to achieve at levels commensurate with the child's intellect and ability. Gifted education services are offered to all students who score at or above the 97th percentile on a verbal, quantitative, and/or nonverbal battery, or a composite score at or above the 95th percentile of a test included on the Arizona State-Approved Gifted Test List.
The gifted education services in CGUHSD incorporates and addresses one or more of the following:
- Accelerated curriculum
- Differentiated learning environment
- Complexity and organization of content to be mastered
- Critical and creative thinking and problem solving
- Interaction with academically gifted peers
- Social and emotional needs of gifted students